Saturday 21 March 2009

Magic & Mystery...


What is it about the miniature world that fascinates me? Is it the patterns? Is it the colour? Is it the mystery of seeing something that most people don't even notice? Is it the chance that there may actually be fairies out there waiting to be discovered?


I was asked once, when discussing "professional" photography, what I liked taking photos of. My answer was (and I would still say it today) "taking photos of things that people either can't or don't see". Maybe there is a professional path in this area, maybe there isn't but I am certainly drawn to it for some reason. So for the next little while I am going to put the expensive macro gear that I have purchased along the way to use. I am going to explore the world of miniature.

These images of a pine cone are just the beginning. Can you see the fairies?

No comments: