Wednesday, 28 November 2007
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 22:34
Tuesday, 27 November 2007
- Something cool...
- Something you can't touch...
- Something small...
- Something of my town that would attract overseas tourists...
- Something that sells renewable energy...
- Something that shows an Australian summer through recreation...
- An image that can only mean one thing...
- A landscape at dusk or moonlit...
- An image where music is the theme...
- A publicity image of myself...
At last the fun stuff begins. This is the first "creative" assignment for the course, the previous assignments are to show that you know how to work your camera... I already have some ideas (I can't touch my toes, for example! LOL Seriously; if I can find a rainbow with the moon behind it I may be on to a winner - this will lead nicely into the moonlit landscape). If you come up with any ideas let me know.
These images must be taken on 35mm slide film rated at 100 ISO so the technical side of getting an image to work without any manipulation or post processing comes in to the mix as well.
Now the real fun begins!!!
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 17:17
Friday, 23 November 2007
- Match exposures
- Match colours
- Add fill light
- Bring back highlights
- reduce shadows under eyes and around the face
- generally fix minor problems (the wardrobe error that I tried to fix yesterday would have been so much easier to fix before the photo was taken - the clients had already approved the photo for a poster without noticing it.)
- Move and resize images into pre-designed album pages
With about 600 images per wedding (+/-) just the first four on that list takes about an hour if the photographer is consistent with their settings.
And we got our first "creative" assignments from school this week. The first couple were "make sure you know how to use a camera" assignments. This means that over the next couple of months I will be out with my camera. The brief is quite simple and yet stimulatingly complex... EG: present a single image - a photograph of "cold". I'm looking forward to making things frosty! Stay tuned...
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 08:28
Tuesday, 20 November 2007
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 08:22
Wednesday, 14 November 2007
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 08:43
Friday, 9 November 2007
Thursday, 8 November 2007
My first wedding, as an assistant, is on tomorrow with another one on Sunday... Nothing like getting started... The pay is ok as an assistant but to be the lead photographer is a much better wage so working towards that will be the next step. Mark also wants me to do sales and when the studio is set up portraiture.
It looks like this will be a fun and exciting learning experience. Bring it on!
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 09:03
Thursday, 1 November 2007
- Take more photos.
- Increase your skill so that your percentages increase.
I know which I will be aiming for, I want to be a photographer, not a photoshop expert...
Posted by Malcolm Garth at 10:07