Wednesday 28 November 2007

Vertical learning curves and brain fade...

It's 10:30pm, someone in a unit nearby has the music up, maybe we can hear it because the doors are open, it's warm...
My brain is in a weird tired overdrive...
Have you ever had so much information coming at you that by midday you are getting frustrated with yourself because you can't remember how to do what you quite clearly were capable of yesterday?
From the start at work today I was trying to catch up. The comment I heard towards the end of the day was "why am I having to tell you things twice?"
I know the answer... I don't yet know how to do what you are telling me to do and telling me once isn't enough!
I am most definitely getting faster though and today I finished everything on the job sheet; which was a first... Yay me... Except for the CD that wouldn't burn properly and then the second one that did the same thing??? May have done something wrong there...
As much as my employer is pushing me and as frustrated as I get with myself things are improving. I have to remind myself that I have only worked in that environment for a total of six or seven days... Plus a few weddings now...
Then home is fairly intense at the moment read about it at Cinta's blog. Things will be better there from next week as Cinta completes the fun run and gets into the course; as I have no doubt she will... (Interviews and exams where you aren't sure what the questions will be about and what will be required are always stressful)...

No comments: