Thursday 15 May 2008

Rosters will be the death of me!

Let me start by saying AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Now that I've said that I may need to explain. One of my jobs is to do the rostering at work, it's really quite simple, we have 12 hour shifts twice a day giving 24 hour coverage 7 days a week. We only have a small team but at present we are down two full timers so this is where things are starting to get fun...

We need to cover as many shifts as possible (given that we are short staffed concessions have been made)and the weekends must be covered. Most of the time this works OK. But tonight I have had someone swap two weekend nightshifts (meaning they can't work but their shifts are covered - no problems), another person has asked for the same weekend off to attend a wedding (no problems), now a third person has asked for time off leading up to the weekend... There's no one left!!!

Back to the original statement, I don't like rostering much!!!

No comments: