Sunday 31 May 2009

Unicycle hockey...



I went out today to see what I could see... I found a unicycle group that were warming up and playing hockey. I admit to having looked up what was on so I didn't just "find" these guys & girls... I read about a guy who is to ride his unicycle from Perth to Sydney and it piqued my interest. I also see a guy riding a very large wheeled unicycle past my work in the mornings. I must admit to always having wanted to give it a try...

The people at the Melbourne Museum last Sunday meet on the last Sunday of every month to play unicycle hockey it looked very cool and lots of fun for all ages. I heard someone say once that the reason people go to the Grand Prix is to see either the world champion or the crashes. I'm not sure if there were any world champions there that day but I didn't see any real crashes so that inspired my confidence. In the second photo you can see a young boy, he mixed it up with the big guys with no apparent fear.

I may just have to give it a try one day!

2 comments:

Louise Dalton said...

I have a friend who has been playing unicycle hockey for quite a few years in Sydney. Wierd, but fun!

Malcolm Garth said...

Yes. "Weird but fun" pretty much describes it. I just couldn't believe the lack of carnage...

Even the little kids got right in there...