Sunday 25 October 2009

Walking around Southbank...

I went for a walk today around Southbank in Melbourne. I had with me my D700 and 24mm PC lens. This lens allows Perspective Correction which simply means that verticals are vertical when doing architectural shots... The lens also allows for some interesting depth of field fun and I will try to make some images that demonstrate this soon...

I went to see a Da Vinci exhibiton that has been put together by a friend and if you are in Melbourne between now and the end of January 2010 go and have a look... Da Vinci was an amazing observer of just about everything and this exhibition shows his examination of the human body and his attempts at making robots based on those observations.
These images are from around Southbank...

Eureka Tower - the tallest building in Melbourne. Check out the bees...


Crown Tower Hotel across the Sandridge Bridge...


Pedestrian Bridge near the Melbourne Entertainment Centre (don't know the name of it as it's not on my map...)...


An anchor near the ship Polly Woodside...


No comments: